Just to fuel the fire, because I get bored sometimes. I wonder how many US citizens showed up to take over the jobs that the illegal immigrants didn't do today? If a bunch of Mexicans are getting paid minimum wage, with no benefits (as well as no taxes), no union hassles, no overtime, no paid holidays, to build a house and it sells for several hundred thousand dollars, who comes out on top? The guy who is selling the house. Sounds like capitalism. Now, I'm all for giving a bona fide US citizen a job over an illegal alien, but I think a lot of this has to do with a cheap labor force who will do just about any job. We have a relatively new influx of Mexicans who do tobacco and work in saw mills. Pretty crappy work that gets done, because it's hard to find a steady work force for those kinds of jobs. Can you blame an employer for wanting to make more money? That's the American way. I wonder what effect this boycott will have on the economy. Seems that things like this take awhile to snowball.





Bookmarks